- Join an innovation team delivering a digital twin for operational use in the power utilities sector
- Making sense of LiDAR data with data science models
- Full time contract role with possibility to to go permanent on Machine Learning projects and products
- Remote working is an option but must be Melbourne based and with full work in Australia rights
Silverpond applies AI to help our customers digitise the physical world.
Working with well known brands across industries such as energy, conservation, utilities, retail and healthcare, we solve real world problems with cutting-edge research.
Our product HighLighter helps our customers operationalise the machine learning process enabling end-users to benefit from the results in their everyday workflow. See here for just some of our case studies.
- Examine, analyze, and produce meaningful information from customer datasets with a core responsibility of working with LiDAR sensor data. This includes building ML perception systems which generates a taxonomy and attributes (such as segments, length, depth, location in the physical world) based on incoming LiDAR data.
- Initial work will be in creating a digital-twin model of power-distribution network from LiDAR data, and analysing this model to identify critical issues with the infrastructure
- Build and improve data analysis pipelines with an emphasis on scalability and stability of various deployed systems.
- Create, maintain and improve code for data analysis system in Python and at least one other language such as C++, Go and Rust
- Able to maintain high quality engineering practices to deliver production ML systems, such as code review, automated testing, continuous integration and delivery, and end-user acceptance.
- Able to design and deliver systems which combine multiple sources of heterogeneous data to deliver ML based product features
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for data collection, data processing and analysis.
- Present regularly to communicate progress.
Skills & Experience
- Proven research and practical experience in developing computer vision, machine learning and imaging algorithms for image processing and other sensor processing applications. Experience working with LiDAR and spatial data is preferred.
- Strong expertise in developing, training and productizing data science algorithms
- Strong software engineering practices including experience with performance tuning, testing approaches and quality frameworks as related to the development of ML systems. Knowledge of how to apply Agile Software Development (or related practices) to ML preferred.
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Ability to manage numerous projects and prioritize work accordingly
- Proficient in written and verbal communication to clearly communicate ideas, progress and issues to stakeholders. Able to create documentation for both technical and management audiences.
- You should have strong programming skills in Python and at least one other programming language (C++, Rust, Go)
- Significant experience and expertise in Linux based systems used to develop and deploy ML systems.
- Experience and proficiency in Cloud services, particularly AWS
- Experience and proficiency in CI/CD deployment tools and processes
- Rapid prototyping of data-science applications
- 5 plus years working in data science and/or software engineering
- Increase the safety of a massive piece of infrastructure
- Make the management of the infrastructure more efficient
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV, a cover letter, and anything else you’d like to include to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Must have right to work in Australia, no 457 Visa sponsorship available.