Any industry that is involved in auditing, surveying, diagnosis or inspection can benefit from AI assisted and or automated assessments. Here we summarise how…
AI Assisted Assessments
Existing inspection process can be improved using AI Assisted Assessments. With Assisted Assessments, the outcomes of the assessment process are checked by an AI system, and any discrepancies are alerted to a supervisor for review. This provides an additional level of assurance that the assessment was made correctly, and helps to counteract variability and errors that are present in human-only assessments, which can be costly in critical applications.
- Critical infrastructure
- Subjective inspection operations (e.g. condition scoring)
What they get:
- Increase asset reliability
- Reduced over- and under-maintenance
- Reduced operational failures
- Increased assurance in inspection reports
AI Automated Assessments
Certain inspection processes can be replaced or augmented using AI Automated Assessments. With AI Automated Assessments, an inspection process is carried out with no manual work. Automated Assessments can be used to replace an existing manual inspection process or to add an additional automated inspection cycle. This can reduce the cost of the inspection process, or provide increased safety by reducing the time-to-detection for some asset failure modes.
- Critical inspection operations (adding an Automated Assessment inspection cycle)
- Non-critical inspection operations (replacing an existing manual inspection cycle)
What they get:
- Reduced inspection cost (non-critical inspection cycles)
- Reduced average time-to-detection of failure modes
- Reduced cost of repair through early detection of defects
See here here for how HighLighter delivers AI assisted and automated assessments.