We voted yes!
Welcome to the Silverpond blog. Here you'll find our latest project insights, event updates and musings on interests ranging from machine learning, AI and data science, to functional programming and software engineering.
If you wish to view all past blog-posts, please see The Silverpond Blog Index.
In order to stay up to date with the latest news from Silverpond and the industry, you can subscribe to our newsletter.
Previously there have been a lot of skeletons overlaid on top of video at the office, but with Andy Gelme’s recent creation of office data-topics and the publication of pose data, it’s easier than ever to hook in and create something a little more interesting. Here you can see pose information being consumed by an Elm application written by Noon to render skeletons with Obama’s head. (What do you mean ‘Why?’)
What are some fun ideas for how this tech could be used?
- Saving prep and processing-time for animation motion-capture
- Gait analysis / Pose-ID
- Game input / Simon-Says style games
- Crowd mood detection
- Scene construction
- Image warping
- South-Park style cartoon creator / photo-shopping by moving
- Robotic control! (Dancing?)
What are the outcomes for the learner?
- An intuitive understanding of the components of machine learning systems
- Experience building neural networks in TensorFlow
- Clear understanding of convolutions and representation learning
- Experimenting with a model that learns representations of words
- Practical real-world model development in TensorFlow
If you’ve ever glanced at a blog post here before, you’ll know that we love deep learning! But we also love functional programming, and in particular Haskell. Lyndon even runs the Melbourne Haskell Meetup!
You want to do the Deep Learning Workshop, you can see how it can impact on your role and bring value to your company, but you aren’t quite sure how to pitch it to the boss? We have some pretty good reasons we think you can take to them to convince them!
There are more posts to see! If you want to see all of Silverpond's blog posts, then please see The Silverpond Blog Index.